"No radio or TV in the room"

About: Southmead Hospital / General surgery

My father was very ill received excellent medical care how ever he is disabled and there was no radio or TV in his room or any of the other patients for him to listen to or watch he is unable to hold personal devices.

My mother brought in a radio to put next to his bed but there was no reception. This is inhumane, day after day staring at a wall.

My mother had to wait up to 45 mins to park each visit him.

Response from Steven Sykes, Advice & Complaints Team Manager, North Bristol NHS Trust We have made a change

Dear LV5 - thank you for your kind comments about your fathers care. Internet access is available for all patients but we recognise that this is often not helpful where patients do not have personal computing devices or phones, and so to address the Trust is to invest in internet TVs and providing loan table devices. I am sorry that your father was not able to take advantage of this planned change.

Extra patient parking is being provided from this week and Phase 2 of the construction works will deliver the full capacity of patient parking. This will mean the interim reduced spaces which have been necessary while the old hospital buildings are demolished, will once more be sufficient for the demand.