"waiting time is crazy"

About: Torbay Hospital

Came in to A and E Friday evening at 12 am dislocated my knee on a night out. Instead of calling a ambience I got a taxi myself. Waited 5 hours because there are people that prioritise me. Had an x ray and still waited 2 hours to get results.

Response from Torbay Hospital

Dear Patient, We are very sorry to hear about your experience and that the standard of your care fell below that which we strive to provide. We would like the opportunity to discuss your experience with you and try our best to resolve it. If you are happy to talk to us about this, please contact our Patient Advice & Liaison Service (PALS) so they can look into your situation in more detail. A PALS Officer is available in person, Monday to Friday, between 10.00am and 2.00pm. You can contact them by calling 01803 655838 or on our 24 hour freephone number 0800 02 82 037. If you get through to the voicemail service please leave your contact details and you will receive a call back within two working days. PALS can also be contacted by Text Phone on 01803 654742, by FAX on 01803 617162, or via email to sdhc@nhs.net (your email will go direct to our PALS Service). We look forward to hearing from you so that we can address the issues you have raised.