"have a seroma after tummy tuck"

About: University Hospital (Coventry)

I was referred to University hospital by the local walk in center as my blood pressure was very high, as I have a seroma mass after tummy tuck. It is very hard and quite disfigured. After eventually getting a scan and being told that I did in fact have fluid,the plastic surgeon refused to aspirate. I have read on count less surgeons reviews that it is very important to aspirate a seroma , to prevent a capsule forming,which would in the long run,need an operation anyway..I am so annoyed that this surgeon refused to aspirate! I am now worried that the area will become infected and lead to all sorts of problem,which in the long run will cost the NHS more. I am going to go go back to my GP and ask if I can have a second opinion.

Response from University Hospital (Coventry)

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your experience at University Hospital, Coventry. I am sorry to hear that you are concerned that your seroma may become infected. Our consultants will normally make decisions based on the patient's best interests, however, on this occasion, the surgeon's reasons may not have been communicated to you effectively so that you understood their decision making process and, for this, we apologise. If you would like to discuss aspects of your care further then please contact the Trust’s Patient Advice and Liaison Service on 0800 028 4203. If you would prefer to contact us by e-mail, our address is feedback@uhcw.nhs.uk Alternatively, you can write to us at the following address: - PALS University Hospital Clifford Bridge Road Coventry CV2 2DX If you do decide to contact us, please make us aware that you have left comments on the NHS Choices website. The Trust is grateful for all feedback, positive or negative, as it means we can better understand what is important to our patients. Thank you for leaving your comments on NHS Choices. Communications Team University Hospitals Coventry and Warwickshire NHS Trust Telephone 0800 028 4203