"The talking therapy was just what I needed"

About: Inclusion Matters Liverpool

The service was recommended by my GP and after an initial phone assessment I had a 13 week wait for an appointment.

The reason for my referral was a compulsive checking habit mainly at night, and I had a lot of medical conditions over a few months and my Dr believed me being anxious made the symptoms worse.

I was a bit nervous and sceptical for my first appointment where I met Paul. He asked why I was there and explained the service offered and how it could help me. Now it is at an end I can see how far I have come, my mood has lifted my compulsions are pretty none existent and I feel I deal with problems in a much better way.

Having someone like Paul who I felt I could really trust and talk through situations that were difficult to speak to my wife or family about means that I now feel better about myself which is helping with my relationship as well. The talking therapy was just what I needed and I can’t thank Paul enough and its made a big difference to my quality of life. Many thanks

Response from Tracey Murden, Inclusion Matters

Dear Handy494,

I am pleased to hear that you found your sessions with Paul helpful and that you now have a much improved quality of life. Many people do feel anxious initially when starting therapy. I'm glad that you felt able to give it a go and were able to talk through your difficulties with your therapist.

Best wishes