"Excellent communication, respect and can-do..."

About: Churchill Hospital

Last week (November 2014) I took my profoundly handicapped sister for an MRI scan of her back. Every stage of getting treatment for my sister is always complicated. The Churchill staff coped well with communication prior to the appointment, getting appropriate consent for the procedure and communication during our visit. They were un rushed and gave us space and time to give my sister the best chance of understanding and complying with what was required of her. They adapted their procedure to her needs, as far as possible. We felt we were in safe, capable and humane hands.

Response from Churchill Hospital

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your experience with us, our staff love to know that their care has been so greatly appreciated. I am glad to hear that you felt that your sister and yourself were well cared for by staff at the Churchill Hospital. I am pleased that you felt enough time and space was given, and that the procedure was adapted to the needs of your sister, to make the experience as positive as possible. It has been a pleasure to share your thanks with the team working in the Pain Management department, and with senior nurses and management. I hope that your sister is recovering well.