"Visit to A and E"

About: Bristol Royal Infirmary

I had to visit A and E today for the first time and left completely impressed by the whole experience. All staff were very friendly, made me feel at ease and explained everything fully at every stage. They answered all my questions and made me feel that nothing was too much trouble for them, no matter how trivial. It was extremely reassuring to feel that everyone knew absolutely what they were doing. In addition staff consulted with each other in a professional manner whilst constantly showing concern for me at the same time. All staff were very polite, considerate and patient. Each step of any procedure was fully and clearly explained in terminology that I could understand and if I needed to ask further questions I was always made to feel that I was not being a bother. The genuine friendliness and concern shown by the staff really did help in allaying any anxieties I may have had. Indeed, after explaining the need for the treatment I was receiving, the Doctor even expressed his concern to me several times, for any ensuing discomfort I might feel as a result of the treatment required. In summary, the care I received was first rate and my experience was wholly positive. .

Response from Bristol Royal Infirmary

Thank you very much for your feedback - we have shared this with the A&E team.