"Staff are immensely supportive and encouraging"

About: Forensic mental health / Low secure services

(as a staff member posting for a patient/service user),

Both of my consultants here at Wells Rd Centre have been immensely supportive and encouraging when it comes to carry on pursueing my studies. They said they were impressed with the amount of discipline and commitment I had over 6 years-(part-time studying) to accomplish my degree in philosophy and psychology with honours and saw it as a distinctive trait in a mentally ill patient.

Their help and support-especially their praise has motivated me alot to be positive and stay confidence in my competence to finish my studies. I plan on studying criminology as a Diploma to raise my degree to a masters qualification. This has helped boost my self-esteem and abilities to accomplish fears of this nature

Response from Gregg Murray, Deputy Modern Matron, The Wells Road Centre, Nottinghamshire Healthcare NHS Trust

I think it is important that clinical teams focus on the goals of the people they work with and care for. It shows how this process of working together has supported you in a way that has really mattered to you and ultimatley given you self esteem and a sense of achievement in your studies.

Your story is also testimony to the hard work you have put in despite the pressures and barriers you must have experienced as an inpatient at The Wells Road Centre.

Really well done, I belive your story will be an inspiration to others. I will pass on your feedback to both Consultants this referrs to, I am sure they will find this posting very encouraging.