"Respect, dignity and compassion lacking"

About: Somerset Partnership NHS Foundation Trust / Adult community mental health

(as a carer),

I am writing in as a shocked carer/neighbour as to how the Care in the Community by Mental Health Services in Taunton are allowed to treat people in their care without respect, dignity or without any compassion and with lack of utmost consideration in basic human care. It comes after I saw one very unwell person had been taken away by ambulance on numerous occasions (without going into details) and then sent back the next day in a worse state, in my opinion, than ever without any follow-up obviously in a more distressed condition than ever. I work within the care profession and if we were to cause a patient so much distress we would be closed down.....not good for the NHS and not good for people who are most vulnerable in our society, they deserve better. I shall be making sure this gets looked into so this neglected lady can have the decent care you'd expect.

Response from Lucy Nicholls, Patient Experience Manager, Somerset Partnership NHS Foundation Trust

Dear Mountbatten,

Thank you for posting. Obviously, it is very difficult for us to comment on this situation without knowing any details, but I'm sorry that you feel that our services are not properly supporting your neighbour and I'd encourage you to get in touch with us - anonymously if you want to do so - and let us know more information so that we can look into this for you.

Please contact pals@sompar.nhs.uk or you could contact Patient Opinion directly and ask them to pass a message on, if you prefer.

We hope to hear from you soon.