"wonderful, professional treatment at Crawley UTC !"

About: Crawley Hospital / Urgent treatment centre

On a Saturday night in November 2014 we are arrived at Crawley UTC expecting the worst; I. E drunks, crowds of agitated people fed up of waiting for hours for treatment, tired overworked staff, dirty environment etc.

What we got was, excellent, professional, fast, tender loving care from all the staff on duty that night.

My ongoing eye condition had resulted in a major flare up, a violent reaction to new eye drops. I arrived distressed, in pain, visually impaired and very, very frightened.

I was seen within five minutes of arriving, diagnosis and treatment both speedy and extremely professional at all times.

The UTC was spotlessly clean, both Doctor and nurses on duty that night could not have done more to provide truly first class care.

We were even made a very welcome cuppa.

May we through you say a very big thank you to the duty staff who really are a credit to the hospital and NHS.

Our NHS working at its very best.

A very grateful patient

Response from Nick Fairclough, Head of Marketing, Communications & Intelligence, Sussex Community NHS Trust

Dear Mama Rose

I'm pleased to read we cared for you both professionally and with compassion, as this is always our goal. Thank you for taking the time to share your story with us in this way. In turn I'll be pleased to share it with our team. I hope as well your condition has eased and continues to do so.

• mama Rose thinks this response is helpful