"Cancer Services"

About: York Hospital

After the shock of being diagnosed with Prostate cancer in early November 2014, I was full of fear and trepidation having reached (a hitherto healthy) nearly 80 without being hospitalised! Having experienced the whole gamit of 'inspections', Scans and subsequent interviews with consultants, I have nothing but praise and gratitude with the way I was looked after. A nurse "held my hand" through the initial stage of evaluation and examination and immediately, whilst not pulling any punches, put me at ease. The biopsy procedure - whilst most uncomfortable - was made bearable by the nurse (wish I had her name) literally held my hand throughout the procedure. I would like to thank each and everyone of the staff with whom I had contact and thank them all for the caring and professional way they looked after me. The prognosis of 'another 10 years' was a relief, and maybe not deserved, but I count myself very lucky, both for my health and that I was able to be treated by York District Hospital.

Response from York Hospital

Thank you very much for your posting. Your comments have been passed to the teams concerned. We are pleased that your visit to us was very positive; our aim is to provide a high standard of service which reflects the needs of patients.