"I felt that there was a massive problem with communication"

About: Lancashire Care NHS Foundation Trust / Inpatient mental health care

I felt all the time I was an inpatient at Burnley Hospital, Ward 20 that I wasn't listened to. I found it almost impossible to see or speak to a psychiatrist. I saw a consultant once during my 3 week admission.

I felt that there was a massive problem with communication. Some nurses said they didn't think there'd be a problem in the consultant increasing my medication and others said he wouldn't do it.

I also asked the doctor in my final meeting on the day I was discharged did they have a problem treating people with emotionally unstable borderline personality disorder as they'd discharged another woman the previous day with the same condition, also seemingly without helping her. I didn't get an answer to that question.

Response from Sarah Harrison, Head of Hearing Feedback, Lancashire Care NHS Foundation Trust

Thank you for taking the time to share your experiences, we would very much welcome the opportunity to explore the issues you raise in your post if you felt this was something you would be interested in doing. Please feel free to contact me on 01772 695315.