"My expectations of this service were exceeded today"

About: Specialist services / Integrated dental unit

I visited the walk in centre for dental treatment this morning and am overjoyed to be walking away pain free. After avoiding the dentist for over 20 years, I had an extensively decayed tooth and was in extreme pain. I was assessed by a dental triage nurse who advised me of the assessment procedure and an accurate waiting time. Her manner was professional & reassuring, which prepared me for my dental treatment. I was assessed by Anand (dentist) who was very professional and informative. He advised me of what procedure I needed and explained what I should expect. Charlotte (dental nurse) reassured and comforted me as I was very nervous.

The procedure (extraction) was performed safely and competently, using appropriate infection control precautions. I was given after care instructions and advised of what to expect, I was also encouraged to contact the service if I had any worries or concerns. As a nurse I am aware of the standards expected of the NHS and can confirm my expectations of this service were exceeded today. I am very appreciative of the service I have received and am no longer in pain or distress. Thank you so much. Especially to Anand and Charlotte who were just brilliant, worked together as an effective team and are a real asset to the walk-in centre dentist.

Response from Jane Walker, Dental Nurse Manager, Integrated Dental Unit, County Health Partnerships

Thank you for taking the time to comment on your recent dental treatment at the Integrated Dental Unit. I am pleased to hear that you were treated in a professional manner by all the team and that you were given accurate information of how long your wait would be. Also as a nervous patient you recieved reassurance and comfort to enable you to undergo the treatment. It is good to hear that we exceeded your expectations of our service.

I am delighted to recieve positive feedback like this and I shall share with all staff.

• Ls2106 thinks this response is helpful