"I can't thank them enough for their rapid response"

About: South Western Ambulance Service NHS Foundation Trust / Emergency ambulance

My father, 90 and a little unsteady on his feet, fell over in the early evening. We called an ambulance as we thought he may have injured his back. The guys were fantastic - friendly, efficient and after talking to him for a while managed to get him upright. They checked him over and decided there were no injuries sustained in the fall. I can't thank them enough for their rapid response and managing my father so well once they got here. Many thanks guys, you work so hard and yet are always cheerful.

Dear Flat Out

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. I hope your father is recovering well and feeling much better now.

It is always rewarding to hear that our staff are continuing to provide excellent care to our patients when they need us most.

I would like to pass your kind comments onto the ambulance crew who came to your fathers aid. Would you be able to contact me, laura.martin@swast.nhs.uk or call 01392 453831, at your convenience, with the date and address that the ambulance attended? This would allow me to identify the staff involved and ensure they are recognised for the care they gave.

Thank you again for providing feedback on our service.

Laura

Dear Flat Out

Thank you for contacting me. I have been able to identify the members of staff involved with your father's care and will ensure they are formally recognised for the care they gave.

Thanks again for taking the time to share your experience of our Ambulance Service.

Laura

Response from Caroline Lee, Partnership Officer, Healthwatch Devon

Dear Flat Out

I've been passed this response and will make sure this becomes part of the picture we are building up about services in Devon. If you continue to use health services in the future, please keep up the good work in telling them how they are doing!

Yours sincerely

Caroline Lee

www.healthwatchdevon.co.uk

Healthwatch Devon is the consumer champion for Health and Social Care in Devon.

If you wish to discuss any health or social care issues with us in confidence, including receiving advice or information about services please call 0800 520 0640, or email info@healthwatchdevon.co.uk