"Admin/typing causes unnecessary delays"

About: East Surrey Hospital / General surgery

Am being referred from one hospital to another more specialised but have just found there is 4 week delay in typing the letter to go off. This is 2014! Have they not heard of email or getting in temps to do typing? In my opinion excellent medical staff are being so let down by shocking administration. Meanwhile I remain in pain

Response from Ian Mackenzie, Director of Information and Facilities, Surrey and Sussex Healthcare NHS Trust We are preparing to make a change

Dear Mrsaverage,

I was concerned to read your comments because it doesn't take four weeks for a letter to be sent from East Surrey Hospital to another more specialist centre. Please could you e-mail me your details and I will look into this.

Regards

Ian

Ian.Mackenzie@sash.nhs.uk

• MrsAverage thinks this response is helpful

Response from Ian Mackenzie, Director of Information and Facilities, Surrey and Sussex Healthcare NHS Trust We have made a change

Dear Mrsaverage,

We have now had a chance to look into this and it does seem that a bit of a backlog has developed and we have taken action to address this by putting in additional staff as well as looking at how technology that is in use in other parts of the Trust can be brought into that area more quickly than was already planned.

Your own letter will be with the other hospital this afternoon.

Thank you for drawing this to our attention

regards