"I couldn't ask for a better team to boost me"

About: Titchfield Children's Centre

(as a service user),

I'm a lone parent for a 2 year old and we needed to get out and mix with other people, I searched for my local sure start childrens centre and plucked up the courage to go.

My first time entering those doors and I was greeted in such a happy and calming manner, I was introduced to a stay and play session filled with other parents and children.

To cut this story short, 3 years later, my child has developed into a social butterfly, I have been trained up and have so many certificates to help me along my journey. Iv dedicated the past 2 years to volunteering in that paticular SureStart centre, to further my career within the young adult and children sector.

I couldn't ask for a better team to boost me when I'm feeling iv lost my way. At this present moment iv had to leave to volunteer position as I have found paid work with children and I truly miss my Titchfield & Oakham sure start family.

Response from Karon Foulkes, General Manager, Sure Start, Health Partnerships - Nottinghamshire Healthcare

Thank you for posting your story. I think your journey as a parent and as an adult getting into training and volunteering and then work, will be an inspiration to others. It is really good to see how the Sure Start team has supported you and your child to learn and have fun.

I hope your social butterfly enjoys school and continues to fly!

kind regards