"Care and understanding"

About: East Surrey Hospital / Accident and emergency

Everything was good. Can't improve excellence unless they come to me. I self harm and always feel guilty re using NHS time and resourses. Everyone is caring, the people stitching me back together, stop me crying. Usually I leave with a smile. They take the time to find out why I do it due to CSA. Mainly they talk and tell me to stop worrying re feeling guilty. They check that I have appts re therapy for child sex abuse and self harming. Really cant fault them

Dear tina4,

Thank you for your kind words about the A&E department at East Surrey Hospital. It is good to read that you feel cared for, particularly given the circumstance of your attendances and I will ensure that your comments are shared with the team.

There is no need to feel guilty about using NHS resources as we are here to provide services to those that need it and that is one of the great things about the work that we do and we are very pleased to be able to do so.

Best wishes