"Breast cancer care service informative and compassionate"

About: Crosshouse Hospital / General Surgery

I was diagnosed with breast cancer after my first mammogram in May 2014. I was seen by Miss Philippa Whitford, consultant breast surgeon and Angela Wallace, breast care nurse very quickly after initial diagnosis and both these ladies were informative, compassionate and empathetic.

I left my first consultation with them with information regarding what was to happen in the next few weeks.

I subsequently had surgery at Crosshouse Hospital and the acting charge nurse Tracy Carswell and the nursing staff in ward 5A were fantastic.

I must also mention SCN Linda Gray and SN Brenda McKenzie in day surgery who looked after me so well immediately prior to surgery and visited me after too.

SN Ann Lewis, from the post op recovery area, was wonderful, she was caring, compassionate and professional whilst I was in her care.

Dear FionaJan,

Firstly, thank so very much for letting us know your experience of care was so good. It makes such a difference when people around us treat us with compassion, empathy and good communication skills. Secondly, thank you for making it so easy for me to find the people you would like me to pass your thanks to. This has been a great day for responding to very positive stories and it is very heartwarming.

I hope everything is good with you now,

Best wishes,

• FionaJan thinks this response is helpful