"Staff in breast institute were excellent, warm and attentive"

About: City Hospital campus / Nottingham Breast Institute

I developed an acute infection in my breast. The cause was unknown. I developed a very high temperature and eventually had to be admitted to hospital for IV antibiotics.

The care I received was mostly very good but the walk in centre staff did not refer me immediately to the breast specialist which caused delays and my condition to deteriorate.

The nursing and medical staff on Gillies ward and in the Breast Institute were excellent, warm and attentive but also giving confidence in their expertise which was very reassuring. I was worried about the possibility of an underlying cancer as I had been told this was a possibility but the process for determining this was fully explained which helped keep my anxiety in check.

Response from Nottingham University Hospitals NHS Trust

It is pleasing to hear you felt supported with your anxieties around your treatment by our colleagues in the Breast Institute. We will pass your kind comments on to the team and wish you well.

Response from City Hospital campus

This feedback was originally posted in November 2014 via the Patient Opinion website. There is presently a technical problem with the NHS Choices website. This means a back log of comments are presently being pulled from the Patient Opinion website later than usual. We have escalated our concerns to the NHS Choices team, who have assured us that their team are working to resolve the problem. We responded to this post back in November 2014. This lovely feedback was shared with the staff involved at the time.