"Long wait for urgent lung cancer biopsy"

About: Western Infirmary/Gartnavel General / General Surgery

I have been advised that my scan and X-ray show clear signs of abnormality in my lungs.

After having a meeting with a consultant who advised ME there would be an urgent biopsy carried out. My family, friends and I are worried and anxious.

I have been told that the it appears that the cancer is in multiple sites and at an advanced stage yet I have been told it can take 2-3 weeks for a biopsy.

Very disappointed and I shall be sharing my story with many many people. Let down by the NHS.

Dear Lung cancer,

Thank you for getting in touch with me and I am sorry that there has been a delay in responding to you. I am so sorry for the distress you are feeling, particularly at a time that is already extremely worrying for you and those close to you.

I have already passed your comments on to the manager of this service to enquire about the waiting time for biopsy, however it would be really helpful to me if you could get in touch with some more details to that I can look into this further. If you could email me directly on lorna.gray@ggc.scot.nhs.uk I would really appreciate it.

I hope to hear from you soon,

With best wishes,