"The staff did everything to make us feel we were in a 5 star hotel "

About: Heartlands Hospital / Accident and emergency Heartlands Hospital / Cardiology

I just wanted to say a massive thank you to all the staff. My elderly mother came in with what it appears now to be a minor stroke but she was confused and could not articulate a coherent sentence. Furthermore, she does not speak English so I had to be with her translating whatever she could manage to say.

The patience, care, good spirit of the staff around her, how they tried to say a few words in Spanish, the attention they had towards me, all that contributed, I am sure, to make my mother recover in two days. I just cannot fault the staff who did everything they could to make us feel we were in a 5 star hotel ran by friends rather than in a hospital.

I am deeply thankful and moved!

Response from Matthew Cooke, Deputy Medical Director, Heart of England Foundation Trust

Many thanks for the feedback. I am so pleased to hear that the staff in our A&E, Stroke and Cardiology units gave such good care. They are all very busy units and it is great for the staff to hear back from families. with such compliments.

I will make sure they see your message

Many thanks and I hope your mother is now doing well.

Matthew

• The daughter thinks this response is helpful