"They were both very kind to me and dealt with it in a very calm and friendly way"

About: Norfolk & Norwich University Hospital / General medicine

I visited the phlebotomy department to have a blood test today. It is very difficult to get blood from me due to my thin veins so I prefer to go to the hospital as they tend to be very skilled.

The first person I saw (a young female phlebotomist) struggled to do it and as a result I came over faint. I was impressed by how she dealt with this. She put back my chair, got me water and put the curtain round for privacy. She then got a senior and more experienced phlebotomist to come over and she was able to take my blood straight away. They were both very kind to me and dealt with it in a very calm and friendly way.

We hope you are feeling better after you visit to hospital and pleased to hear that the team looked after you when you felt faint. Your feedback will be passed to the team.

• N and N patient thinks this response is helpful