"Well done to all your hard working and dedicated staff"

About: Bassetlaw Hospital / General surgery

I was admitted to ward B6 in June this year for a pre planned operation. It was supposed to be a overnight stay. However due to complications I ended up staying in for 4 days. The staff were fantastic. Nothing was too much trouble & they supported me when I needed answers from consultants regarding further information. I suffered post op complications which also saw me attending the ward several times after initial discharge & no matter what time of day or night I rang/visited I was always made welcome & had my voice heard. Well done to all your hard working & dedicated staff. A credit to the NHS.

Response from Gill Pickersgill, Communications & Engagement Officer, Doncaster and Bassetlaw Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust

Thank you for your lovely comments. It is always nice to hear from patients who have such a positiive experience at one of our hospitals. I will ensure your comments are passed on to all the staff on Ward B6 at Bassetlaw Hospital and I know they will be delighted! I hope you are now on the road to recovery.

Thank you for taking the time to post this comment.

Response from Bassetlaw Hospital

Thank you for taking the time to leave some positive feedback on your stay, we value the opinions of our patients. We also value patient needs so it's good to hear that our staff committed to meeting yours and that you felt cared for at all times. We will make sure to pass your comments onto the relevant ward.