"Length of time waiting to be seen by a consultant."

About: Golden Jubilee National Hospital / Cardiac Surgery Monklands District General Hospital / General Surgery Wishaw General Hospital / Cardiology

Was admitted to wishaw general hospital in with what sounded like a delayed secondary haemrrohage following banding of haemorrhoids in july 2014. I was then diagnosed with having an irregular heartbeat and would require to have my heart stopped then started to have it put back into its normal rhythm. In order to do this I was first required to undergo a colonoscopy and be put on warfarin. The colonoscopy procedure was carried out in early October and I have been waiting since this time to be seen to be put on warfarin. What are the rules and guidelines regarding timescales to be seen by a consultant?

Response from Melanie MacLean, Patient Affairs Manager, Patient Affairs, NHS Lanarkshire

Dear Corey

We would send our apologies for your wait regarding further appointment. In order to investigate this matter please contact Lesley Mallon, Patient Affairs Department, Monklands Hospital, on 01236 713003.

• Corey thinks this response is helpful

Response from Christine McGuinness, Communications Manager, Golden Jubilee National Hospital

Dear Corey

We are very sorry to hear about your delay in treatment. To help us look into the issue, could you please email us directly on Comms@gjnh.scot.nhs.uk with some additional information and we will do what we can to help.

If you have any further enquiries or concerns, please do not hesitate to get back in touch.