"Staff encouragement at Wells Road Centre in Notts"

About: Forensic mental health / Low secure services

(as a staff member posting for a patient/service user),

I recently (1 1/2 years ago) passed my Degree in psychology and philosophy with honours. I would like to commend Christian for his help and encouragement in pursuing my studies further as I would like to do a Diploma in criminology. He found me some background information on the subject and has advised me in how to go about pursuing my studying further. He has also offered to help me with curriculum vitae so it becomes impressive. He works as a member of staff on my ward (Seacole) at the Wells Road Centre. He has been very supportive and helpful and I would like this to be recognised.

Response from Gregg Murray, Deputy Modern Matron, The Wells Road Centre, Nottinghamshire Healthcare NHS Trust

Thank you for such an encouraging story, I hope that this inspires others to follow the same goal. The fact that you have achieved Degree level in these subjects with honours shows real commitment and hard work. It is also really encouraging for staff at The Wells Road Centre to hear how their support can really help people to realise their potential as proven by this individual staff member from Seacole ward.

Good luck in your future studies!