"Discharge ...."

About: York Hospital

On Friday the 7/10 I arrived to visit a friend on ward 21 .....I was greeted by a my friend dressed and her belongings packed up ready for discharge...after discussion with staff was told they were just waiting for tablets!!!!! After waiting some time decided to drive home with the packed up bags and arrange for the carers to restart that evening...everything in place and organised I return to the hospital to be told tablets still not on ward so she would have to stay until Saturday ..I explain the best I could to every confused frail old lady that I would collect her first thing in the morning.... So once again carers re scheduled for Saturday .... And I am still waiting for a call to tell me she can be collected.....it is now 2.30pm I have made six calls to the ward with no joy.... What a shame the excellent care my friend recieved was marred by such a lack of communication and consideration...

Response from York Hospital

Thank you for your posting. We do take comments made very seriously and we would like the opportunity to investigate the particular concerns you have raised. Please contact our Patient Advice & Liaison Service (PALS) on 01904 726262 or email pals.york@york.nhs.uk and they will be pleased to help.