"Echocardiogram for my daughter "

About: Aberdeen Royal Infirmary / Cardiology / Coronary Care Unit

(as a parent/guardian),

Waited a year to hear about an echocardiogram ( detailed heart scan ) for my young year old daughter. Finally received a letter to phone for an appointment but the line was constantly engaged! I then went upto the hospital myself and was told by an extremely rude person at the outpatients reception the phone line would have not been busy and that I was basically a liar!

I am furious as my daughter had missed out on her scan, and I asked for the appointment to be made there & then to be told no!

Back to my GP we go and another long wait!

Response from Linda Oldroyd, Nurse Consultant Patient Safety and Experience, NHS Grampian

Dear Ezray

Your story is very distressing to hear. NHS Grampian aims to be a caring, listening and improving organisation. We apologise that our communications with you have been less than satisfactory and that your daughter has not yet had her scan.

If you would be willing to share your daughter's details with us we could look in to the case more closely and try to understand what has gone wrong.

If you feel able to do this, please contact Linda Oldroyd, Nurse Consultant Patient Safety and Patient Experience on 01224 558449 or by email loldroyd@nhs.net

In the meantime we hope that you and your daughter are both well and that you get some news soon.