"My experience at the anti coagulant clinic "

About: Hairmyres Hospital / Clinical haematology

I have been attending the clinic for about 5 years and found it to be the most efficient department I have witnessed. Sister Liz McGuigan was in charge and everything just flowed. However since Sister McGuigan retired the clinic is a joke. The waiting area is standing room only. and it is now the least efficient of departments. I don't know who has changed the routine but it is simply not working. I will not be attending again as I simply cannot spare the time required before being seen. I will be looking at other ways of having my INR checked.

Response from Michelle Nobes, Patient Affairs Manager, Hairmyres Hospital, NHS Lanarkshire

I am sorry that you have had such a disappointing experience with this service.

The new appointment system has clearly still to settle down fully. We are also looking to re-site the service in to a more appropriate area within Hairmyres Hospital and this will provide a further opportunity to look at how the whole service is organised.

The Director of Hospital Services has discussed this with the Senior Nurse in charge of the service and she will ensure that this receives her personal priority over the next week or so as we prepare for the move.