"Dermatology waiting time"

About: Crosshouse Hospital / Dermatology

I have been waiting for 11 weeks and the wait for this clinic is 22 weeks disgraceful. I am suffering terribly I dont know what I would do without my gp my quality of life has hit rock bottom waiting to see a specialist.

Response from Eunice Goodwin, Patient Feedback Manager for NHS Ayrshire and Arran, Quality Improvement and Governance Team, NHS Ayrshire and Arran We have made a change

Dear Agnes62,

I am really sorry to hear you are suffering and you are having to wait so long to see a Dermatologist. I know we have had such a high demand on this specialty for a very long time. I have spoken to the manger for this area and she assures me that the service is very aware of the problem. We are in the process of reviewing the service and trying to recruit both a locum consultant and we are about to advertise for a permanent consultant also. As well as this we have even been trying to secure the help of a private company also to reduce the current waiting times for dermatology.

I am sorry this does not help you much at the moment but there are two things you can do in an attempt to shorten your wait. You can contact the referral management service on 01563 827070 and ask to be put on the cancellation list and also, if you are available at short notice, phone in each day. If a ‘short notice’ cancellation comes up, you may be offered it. I do hope you get seen soon and get the solution to your problem.

Kind regards,