"impressed outpatient."

About: York Hospital

I was informed I had lung cancer on august 29th this year following a phone call from my GP.. to call in to see him at the end of surgery at 5pm He handled this consultation in his usual gentle and sensitive manner.He had already organised a ct.scan for 3 days later.From that moment on everything was arranged so efficiently.I met the Consultant,Surgeon.cancer liason nurse,was sent to St,James for pet scan.lung function tests and further scans at York.Then on October 15th I was admitted to ward 27 at Castle Hill hospital Hull and went to theatre the following day.i am now home after 2weeks in Castle Hill.The treatment there was first class too.I Can hardly believe the speed and efficiency with which I have been treated by all..9 weeks from diagnosis to operation!Well done YDH. Thanking every one of you so much! .

Response from York Hospital

Thank you very much for your posting. Your comments have been passed to the teams concerned. We are pleased that your visit to us was very positive; our aim is to provide a high standard of service which reflects the needs of patients.