"Not a very good reception by the receptionist"

About: Frimley Park Hospital (Frimley)

06/11/14: Fracture Clinic. I stood at the desk and the female just kept typing. Then I got a faint can I help you but no eye contact and the typing continued. I introduced myself but the typing continued. It was almost like me, the patient, was getting in the way. I was then told to sit down. I then had the pleasure of listening to the phone ring 10 times before she picked it up. I'm sorry, but this female receptionist needs a reality check. Then some re-training. Not happy with that at all. And don't get me started on the appalling car park. It's 2014 for heavens sake!

Response from Frimley Park Hospital

Thank you for your valuable feedback. We are very sorry that this receptionist did not make you feel valued as a patient. Our training department is currently leading a customer care programme for all staff. So while we would hope your experience is not typical, it is a good example of why we need to get it right every time. We are aware of the difficulties with parking and are planning an extension to patient parking capacity in the near future, subject to local authority permission.