"Dental xray machine"

About: Macclesfield District General Hospital

I took my brother for an appointment in the Dental department today. He needed an xray and the machine is not working. It broke down in July! I got rather angry at this news as we were expected to come back again next Tuesday to have it done at the private hospital. I explained I had traveled a considerable distance to get him there today. But the secretary who works for the consultant arranged for us to go straight to the private hospital and so he was able to complete that part of his treatment. Thank you for your help. The main point is all the waste in the NHS that has been in the news today. This money should have been channeled to fix this expensive machine.

Response from Macclesfield District General Hospital

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments concerning your care at Macclesfield Hospital. If you would like to discuss the aspects of your experience that you were less happy with, please feel free to contact our Customer Care Team on 01625 661449 or e-mail on ecn-tr.CustomerCareService@nhs.net The trust aims to continually improve the quality of services we provide and your feedback is key to achieving this.