"Mental health crisis support"

About: Mersey Care NHS Trust / Crisis resolution and home treatment team The Royal Liverpool University Hospital / Accident and emergency

(as other),

I work with families and when I contacted the Mental Health Crisis team about a family I was told to take the person in crisis to A&E. The person in question was agorophobic, wouldn't leave the house and was threatening to kill themselves. The Crisis Team said that they were unable to do an emergency home visit. They are also difficult to contact at times.

When I do manage to get someone in crisis to A&E they seem to be discharged straight home. I then have to leave the person at home not knowng if they are safe to be left. It is very frustrating.

Recorded by Healthwatch Liverpool I on behalf of a professional working with the public

Response from Royal Liverpool and Broadgreen University Hospitals NHS Trust

Thank you for your comment. Whilst there is a mental health crisis team located in our emergency department, the team is actually managed by a different NHS Trust. Please contact Merseycare NHS Trust - you can contact them on 0151 472 4002 or email complaints@merseycare.nhs.uk.