"Very reassured by dermatology appointment"

About: Bromley Healthcare / Community Dermatology (Bromley)

I saw the dermatologist Dr Malone. She was extremely thorough and professional.

Within moments she had taken a detailed history of my exposure to the sun, my family history, the implications of any medication and other factors. She quickly identified three irregularities on my skin and explained them all very clearly. One she treated straightaway, another she photographed to compare next time and the other she explained was not a problem.

All of this she conducted with great care and compassion. My expectation had been to be given a cream for one of the problem areas. She far exceeded my expectations with a complete skin health check and I was very reassured.

Response from Amanda Mayo, Head of Nursing, Quality Team, Bromley Healthcare

I am so sorry that I did not reply immediately to your posting. This was not 'tagged' to our Organisation initially!

I am really pleased that you were happy with your consultation!

Have a great weekend

• Great Appreciation thinks this response is helpful

Update posted by Great Appreciation (the patient)

I was very impressed that Amanda, retrospectively, and Patient Opinion, recently, took the trouble to explain how the tagging works in this amazing system.

Amanda would not have received a copy of what I wrote on my first visit to Dr Malone because I had not mentioned Bromley Healthcare which is a bit like not mentioning the hotel you went to if putting a posting on TripAdvisor! Sorry for the comparison but it is the only similar system I have used in the past.

But Patient Opinion goes much further: not only does it give recognition where it is deserved but it acts as a control loop to help improve the service. It also helps patients on the choices they have to make and understand the treatments available.

There are so many benefits that I will definitely be using it to help with all my healthcare needs and recommending it to others.