"Fantastic care given to my Mum while undergoing a mastectomy"

About: Norfolk & Norwich University Hospital / Breast surgery

I came over from South Africa to be with my Mum who was having a mastectomy. She was at the hospital by 7 as she was first on the slate.

Even though there were approx 50 people coming through the day ward, all the staff were fantastic. They were caring, empathetic, they listened to her, answered all her questions with absolutely no sign of rushing. My Mum was most def a person and not just a number.

The whole procedure was so slick. She was seen by the surgeon, surgeons assistant, assistants assistant, anaethatist and about 4 different nurses. Every single one of them can be praised. Post op, there was also a lot of care shown, and she was so clearly educated re what to expect whilst at home.

I am a trained nurse in South Africa and feel that South Africa is so far behind the NHS in their care.

We are very interested to receive your feedback and delighted to hear about your high opinion of the NHS.