"My mum is loved and cared for"

About: St Andrews Community Hospital

Mum has been in the care of Ward 2 in St Andrews Community Hospital.

I cannot praise the staff highly enough, yes there have been a couple of issues but talking to the staff has ironed those out quickly. Watching your mum deteriorate and become a shell of her former self with a degenerative Palliative brain disease is awful, however the comfort given knowing that my mum is loved and cared for goes a long way.

We concentrate on negatives far too much in this world, let's focus on the positive for a change.

Response from Louise Ewing, Patient Relations Manager, NHS Fife

Dear Kazs

Thank you so much for taking the time to give staff feedback at what is clearly an awful time for you. I won't begin to pretend that I know how you must feel; however I take from what you say a great sense of the loss you feel but equally a sense of the comfort you get from knowing your mum is loved and cared for.I am glad that the issues you have had have been resolved quickly by staff which is what we would want to happen. I can see that a number of our staff have already read your post and I will make sure it is sent beyond our standard notifications.

I admire your positivity and thank you once again for taking the time to share your experience.

Louis Ewing

• Kazs thinks this response is helpful