"Concerns about my mother's care at drumchapel hospital"

About: Drumchapel Hospital / Geriatric Assessment

(as a carer),

My mother was admitted for physiotherapy. So far I feel that her experience is similar to being treated in a concentration camp! She now has an infection that is not being treated, despite the fact I told them her full history. Who gives them the right to play god!

Dear chelsea1,

I am really sorry to hear your account of your mother's experience and can appreciate how worried you must be feeling at this time. I have already passed on your comments to the head of this service, but I would really like to look into this further and it would be a great help to me if you could contact me directly with a few personal details for your mother so that I can take this forward. I can be contacted on lorna.gray@ggc.scot.nhs.uk.

I hope to hear from you soon,

With best wishes,

Lorna

Dear chelsea1,

Thank you for taking the time to contact me to discuss in more detail the experience your mother has had while she was a patient in Drumchapel Hospital. As you know, I passed your contact details on to the Lead Nurse for this service who has since spoken to you, but I understand that you have not been able to talk at length with her as yet. The comments that you have made have been discussed and reflected upon, and I would like to assure you that all feedback we receive from our patients, relatives and carers is taken very seriously. However, if there are still any specific issues surrounding your mother's care that you would like to discuss in more detail, please do not hesitate to get in touch with either myself or Ellen.

With Best Wishes,