"Visit to the health visitor"

About: Bromley Healthcare / Children's Community Nursing Team

(as a parent/guardian),

I visited the health visitor at Southview Surgery for my daughter's 8 month check. I must say what excellent service I received. The lady who did the check (Navneet Panesar) was efficient, helpful and informative. She was quick to identify a crease in the front of my daughter's thigh but not on the other thigh which could be indicative of hip problems. She advised me to see a GP and my daughter does indeed have a hip problem and so needs to wear a brace. We owe a great deal of thanks to Navneet who picked up a problem which every other doctor we had seen had failed to identify.

Response from Amanda Mayo, Head of Nursing, Quality Team, Bromley Healthcare

Thank you for taking the time to post your experiences of the Bromley Healthcare Health Visiting service on this website.

It is really clear that the complete, holistic assessment that Navneet carried out has prevented your daughter suffering in the future. It is nice for our Health Visiting teams to read this type of feedback and to reflect on the worth of their role and support they offer to families and children.