"Excellent care at Medway Maritime Hospital"

About: Medway Maritime Hospital / Accident and emergency

I am having chemo therapy for cancer, and I became very unwell with severe leg pains. My chemo nurse advised an urgent transfer to Medway A&E. From the moment my husband called 999 I was treated so well by the paramedics, the ambulance men, the A & E staff. The consultant and student doctor in A&E were wonderful, and the nurses and all other staff in McCullock Ward were so caring and lovely. My problem was a chemo induced DVT, which came on with frightening speed. All the NHS staff have done their utmost for me, and I simply cannot thank them all enough.

Response from Medway NHS Foundation Trust

Thank you for taking the time to respond following your treatment at Medway hospital.

We were pleased to read that all the staff involved in your care were professional, kind and caring, which helped to reassure you, and allow us to treat you promptly. Please be assured I will pass on your positive comments.

I hope you are making good progress.

Kind Regards

The Patient Experience Team

telephone 01634 825004

Response from Medway Maritime Hospital

Thank you very much for your kind words about the experience you had the hospital. Our staff work very hard to provide the very best care for patients and it is always nice to hear positive feedback.