"Security stopped my husband taking me home"

About: Doncaster Royal Infirmary / Respiratory medicine

I was admitted to Doncaster in January due to a bad chest infection. I had a very bad experience while I had to stay in hospital as they took my tablets off me, and I had to wait for them to give me them back. By the time I got them it was well past the time I needed them.

I also have certain brand of tablets but they had given them to someone else so I had to wait again. Also while I was in all the lights went out and when I asked why this was, they told me they didn’t work. There was a lot of noise that night and a lot of disruption by patients.

I also witnessed ritualistic behaviour by staff on wards but I was told I must have been day dreaming. I wasn’t very happy so I phoned my husband to take me home as I wasn’t staying there any longer. I was told by the security man I was not allowed to leave and that my husband wasn’t allowed to come and take me home. But my husband did turn up and took me home as I wished.

I did put a complaint in and told them that I wouldn’t go in hospital anymore on ward 17. I have got a letter to state that I don’t have to go on ward 17 if I do go in. I hope you find this information helpful.

Response from Doncaster Royal Infirmary

Thank you for your feedback.