"They put my fears at rest"

About: Western Infirmary/Gartnavel General / General Medicine

I had a colonoscopy at Gartnavel Hospital, in November 2014 in the Endoscopy Unit on the ground floor. Overall, it was fine-very little pain, just some mild cramping. With the sedative, it seemed to be over in an instant.

The staff were very good-calm, kind and knowledgable and they put my fears to rest. I had been very scared and now realise that all my fears were groundless.

The only unpleasant part of the entire experience was having to take all that Kleenprep. I managed to make it palatable by topping it up with a little Lime Cordial. Also putting it in the fridge for half an hour helped to make it easier to drink.

Dear katie368,

Thank you for getting in touch to let me know about your experience at Gartnavel Hospital. I completely appreciate how worrying hospital visits can be for patients, so it is lovely to hear how the professionalism and kindness of the staff made such a difference to how anxious you felt.

I have to apologise as I thought I had replied to your post a couple of days ago, but I have already sent your comments on to the General Manager for this service who has passed on to the team in the Endoscopy Department and was really pleased to get such positive feedback.

I'm sure others reading this post will also appreciate your tips for the Klean Prep!

With best wishes,