"No using universal precautions during vena puncture."

About: Ayrshire & Arran Community Services

Staff member at the health centre did NOT either wash hands, use alcohol rub, or wear gloves for vena puncture. Also during the procedure her bare arms rested on my person. The whole experience was distasteful and did not inspire me with confidence.

Dear Rory366,

I am so disappointed to hear that and I am really sorry that we seem to have fallen short of the standard expected for this procedure on this occasion. It is such an important point you raised, thank you. I will let the senior nurse managers know about your post and I am sure that they will raise this within the teams.

Kind regards,

Eunice

Dear Rory366,

I passed this to the Nurse Manager for Primary Care and she asked me to clarify if this happened while you were in a community setting, a GP practice or in a home? If you would like to contact me with this information, we can pass this message to the appropriate service. You can call me on 01563 826222 or email me at eunice.goodwin@aapct.scot.nh.uk if you would like.

Eunice