"Colposcopy / Womens Health - excellent staff put..."

About: The Royal Victoria Infirmary

i had two appointments with the womens health unit and as expected i was very nervous and anxious for both. on both occasions all staff members i encountered were so friendly, put me at ease and really helpful. They carried out the procedure i needed done and they made sure i was well informed and comfortable which put me at great ease in a really uncomfortable situation. This means alot to me and i had to thank them all there and then as i feel hospital can be a very daunting experience for most and therefore it is paramount the staff do their utmost to make you feel at ease and ok when you are nervous and uncomfortable.

Response from The Royal Victoria Infirmary

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your experience of our service on the NHS Choices site. The staff in our Womens Health unit will be delighted to receive your comments. We always aim to put our patients at the heart of everything we do and we understand the anxiety a hospital appointment can cause. To know that our care supported you and that you felt fully informed is really important to us. We would all like to wish you well and thank you once again for your kind comments.