"Unacceptable delays by the cardiologist."

About: Chorley & South Ribble Hospital

Awaiting an hernia operation on the 4th Sept 14 the surgeon would not do the operation until the results of a cardiac examination were known, having been previously seen by the cardiologist on the 9th July 14 and subsequently sent to Preston Royal for tests completed on the 29th Sept . I have subsequently contacted the cardiologist's secretary twice. The first time she stated that he was very behind with his assessments and the second time that he was away on holiday. I have also spoken to my GP. My need for the operation originally scheduled for early August 2014 is becoming increasingly critical as my condition is deteriorating , The assessment being delayed for 5 weeks is delaying my operation and I am becoming increasingly concerned about my condition

Thank you for telling us of your experience. I'm so sorry to hear of the difficulties you are encountering. Can I ask you to please contact our PALS team on 01772 522972, who will be pleased to help you resolve the situation.

Response from Chorley & South Ribble Hospital

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback. We're sorry to hear of your experience and would ask you to contact our PALS department to enable the staff in the team to liaise with the relevant department to resolve your concerns.