"Haematology Dept."

About: Torbay Hospital

I would like to place on record my appreciation for the care I have had from the Haematology Department. I must commend the doctor who was very thorough in her examination of me in October 2013, after I had presented at my GPs with DVT six months previously. I felt she left no stone unturned in her investigations. As a result, I have been diagnosed with Low Grade Follicular Lymphoma very early in the process. It is devastating to be diagnosed with any type of cancer but the Haematology Specialist Nurses are fantastic. You have no idea how wonderful it is to know that they are at the end of the phone with practical advice and reassurance. As a patient, I feel more secure and positive which can only be good for my well being. More recently, I urgently needed medication before long haul flight. The staff in Haematology department rushed the prescription through for me to collect from the hospital pharmacy. Thanks to you all.

Response from Torbay Hospital

We are delighted to read your encouraging comments. Staff appreciate hearing about patients’ positive experiences and your feedback will be shared with those concerned. Kind regards South Devon Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust.

Response from PALS Dept, Torbay and South Devon NHS Foundation Trust

Thank you for your kind comments. We are really pleased that the care and treatment you received reached the high standards we constantly strive to achieve.

Kind regards South Devon Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust.