"Useful and prompt service"

About: Guernsey House / Primary care addiction service Sheffield (PCASS)

Due to problems with addiction, I come to Guernsey House every 11 weeks for an appointment. I find the service is ok and I am more than usually in to see my doctor before my specified time. You can also just drop in to see the nurse anytime for your jabs or boosters against infection. So in a roundabout way it is a good and useful and prompt service. Thanks.

Response from Dr Roger Smith

This is a reply to all the patients attending Guernsey House who have sent us their opinions of the service we are providing. We will be replying to specific individual responses but felt a general response was necessary to show that we are not ignoring the excellent feedback we have had so far.

There have been many good things said about the service as well as some specific areas that can be improved, but the overwhelming theme on the negative side has been the clinics running late, people having to wait beyond their appointment time to be seen and difficulty accessing the service when things go wrong. We have noted these complaints and are looking at ways of dealing with them. The solutions will be posted on the website for discussion.

Please keep the feedback coming and encourage other patients to participate this is a vital link in improving the service. Thank you to all of you that have responded

Dr Roger Smith

Clinical Director

Primary Care Addiction Service (PCASS)

Guernsey House

Response from Patient Opinion

Thank you for your posting, it's great to hear feed back like this from our service users. It really helps to know the parts of our service that you find useful. We shall pass on your comments at our next staff meeting.