"Excellent all round care."

About: Torbay Hospital

My father suffered a TIA on 7th October 2014. I am writing to compliment the trust on the care and treatment received. The ambulance staff arrived promptly and were clear and re assuring. In casualty we were dealt with promptly and efficiently, the Doctor was very professional but also personable. We had an appointment the next day at the TIA clinic and my father had every test possible and scans and all staff could not have been kinder but also always fully inclusive and explaining everything. He had further scans and appointments the following week as there was some dilemma about wether to do surgery or not. The surgeon himself explained all the pros and cons and included my parents in his decision making process. I wanted to congratulate the whole hospital and all the staff for doing such an excellent job. I have been a patient with the haematology department since 2012 and my care has always been really excellent by the doctor and her team. I feel very confident in them all. I also recently needed a guided ultrasound injection in my foot and all the care and appointments I attended around this by radiology and orthopaedics were thorough and all well explained and carried out. Also I was twice contacted to be offered an earlier appointment. Well done!

Response from Torbay Hospital

We are delighted to read your encouraging comments. Staff appreciate hearing about patients’ positive experiences and your feedback will be shared with those concerned. Kind regards South Devon Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust.

Response from PALS Dept, Torbay and South Devon NHS Foundation Trust

Thank you for taking the time to comment. It is always good to receive positive feedback; we try to ensure we share examples of good practice with those concerned.

Kind regards South Devon Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust.