"Room for improvements in appointment booking "

About: Crosshouse Hospital / Dermatology

Each time I take my daughter to the dermatology clinic we are kept waiting for an hour and 20 minutes before we are seen. The nurses are seeing patients all the time, it not as if they are slacking, this is not a complaint against them, they are on the go all the time.

However, I've seen that each patient has to have blood tests and then need to complete a questionnaire, this is before they are seen for their specific condition. I have also seen that appointments are given 10 minutes apart but the process takes longer than 10 minutes which means appointments run late soon after the first patients are seen. Surely it would be better to give appointments at 20 minute intervals so that patients are seen on time?

Dear Local27,

I am sorry you find the time delay and wait unacceptable and thank you for your thoughts on how we can help this. I have spoken to a couple of people and it seems that a lot happens to each person at the clinic and to change the appointment times would have a real and adverse impact on the waiting times (which we are already facing problems with). However, it is something to look at. I will discuss this with the specialist team to establish if there is anything they feel could help.

In my ignorance, I wondered if the forms could be completed prior to attending the clinic but there are probably good reasons why this can’t be done. Thank you for raising this and I will come back to you. Please just give us a little time,

Kind regards,