"Not fit for purpose"

About: Royal Victoria Hospital (Folkestone)

Having had an appointment booked 2 months in advance seemed to of taken the specialist by surprise who decided to stroll into his office 10 minutes after my appointment time, sit down at the desk, get the health care assistant to make a coffee, then rifle through the paper work. Still obviously oblivious to the fact that they (the specialist) had patients, the specialist decided that I should endure another 45 minute wait whilst he/she had a stroll about and spoke to colleagues about Lord only knows what. When the specialist was finally ready to see me I was offered no form of apology and if I had a problem with anything I could always make another appointment. How any organisation could be run in this manner really does surprise me. The sooner the NHS is either completely re organised or destroyed the better this country will be. What has happened to the NHS ?

Thank you for your feedback, I am very sorry to read about your delay and also your observations which I will feedback to our Matron responsible for outpatient services. The main messages from your experience will be made available for staff for discussion and learning.