"Basic care not provided"

About: Conquest Hospital

In a simlar episode to our previous birth my wife was just not listened to. She asked for pain relief and informed the nurse that she really felt that she was about to give birth...(she should know)...the nurse disappeared, then returned some time later and was faffing about trying to get a monitor on whilst my partner was still saying that she really could do with pain relief. Eventually the nurse 'walked' my partner to the delivery suite, which is when I arrived. Luckily a midwife witnessed my partner having repeated contractions in the corridor and rushed to ready the delivery room. My partner delivered within minutes of arriving in the room. Very nearly a delivery in the corridor - despite being already in the care of maternity services....

Response from Conquest Hospital

The Head of Midwifery is deeply concerned to read your posting and would like an opportunity to talk to you. It's important that we look into the issues you raise in more detail, and to do this we need to ascertain more information from from you. We therefore urge you to contact the Patient Advice & Liaison Service (PALS) to provide your contact details. PALS can be contacted on 01424 758090 or by email at: esh-tr.palsh@nhs.net. We hope you feel able to contact us.