"thank you for saving my life when I had Meningitis!"

About: East Of England Ambulance Service NHS Trust / Emergency ambulance Norfolk and Norwich University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust

My family had found me unconscious, I was feeling shakey and hot and had vomited then because it was hot we put it down to sun stroke, they found me and a paramedic came and she knew it was something to do with the brain as I was totally unconscious so an ambulance was dispatched and apparently they were all lovely and then a critical care doctor was picked up on the way to sedate me in the ambulance. The staff in A&E Resus were lovely to my mum then I was taken up into Intensive Care Unit where I was in a coma for 6 days, then spent a night or 2 in HDU and then a week on Cringleford Ward, all staff were absolutely amazing and thankyou for saving my life with Bacterial Meningitis! : )

Response from Marian Burgess, Patient Services Facilitator, East Of England Ambulance Service NHS Trust

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback about the East of England Ambulance Service. I would like to pass your kind comments onto the staff involved and would be grateful if you could email eoeasnt.feedback@nhs.net with the date and location we attended to so that we can track the staff involved.

I hope you are making a good recovery.

We hope you are making a good recovery after such a serious illness. Your kind comments will be passed to the teams involved in your care.